My Holiday Essentials

I love to travel, and my aim is to make more time to travel and see the world.

For our second wedding anniversary, my husband and I took a trip to the Greek Island of Crete.

After a year of working hard, we wanted to take a long enough break to relax and refresh so we decided on a 12 day long break! 

We stayed in Chania (Hania) and we absolutely loved it! - there is something about the Greek Islands that is just mesmerising and we cannot wait to visit again. The beaches are just perfect, the locals are very friendly and the atmosphere is sheer relaxation. 

My husband and I did not get enough time to research what we wanted to do when we got to Crete, and so we decided to visit Foyles in Leicester Square and pick up a book on Crete - whilst perusing the shelves we came across the Lonely Planet series. 

This book was really good as it gave us a quick low down on top things to do, places to visit, places to eat and tips on the local life. I would definitely be picking up a book from this range once we have decided on our next destination, plus I have decided that I want to build a collection of such books of countries we visit (my bookshelf will be full!) 

So, for me, getting a book on the destination you are going to visit is essential, and it will also look pretty interesting in your bookshelf! 

Secondly, my husband gifted me this instant Polaroid camera from Instax. This is just absolutely fantastic for taking this around with you, and capturing some fun moments. The photos are instant which is perfect as we now live in a day and age where photos are usually kept only on your phone. You can instantly have a little collection of all the little moments from your trip, so for me this is a permanent holiday essential.

The Instax Mini 8 comes in a range of colours - pink, white, blue etc.

The one that I have is from Argos - click here for the link if you are interested in checking this out.

My other essential are a good pair of sunglasses, a good lip gloss and lip balm!


What are your holiday essentials? 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts